Beg Bugs get their name from their habit of feeding on human hosts in bed. They are excellent hitchhikers, easily transported and are found in many different types of dwellings, which makes them difficult to control.
Prevention is the first step to avoid an infestation.
Second hand clothing and furniture should be inspected carefully before bringing into your home. Wash and dry second hand clothing on hot to ensure all nymphs, eggs, and adults are dead.
These are a few of the steps for the client to take prior to treatment for the best results:
- Vacuum or sweep floors thoroughly and discard bag or waste into garbage bag and remove from home.
- Wash and dry all bedding and clothing in hot water and hot dryer settings and place in clean garbage bags or bins.
- Remove anything from under beds and empty dressers, shelves, or desks for treatment.
- Move furniture away from edges of walls
- Eliminate clutter from home. Discarding heavily infected items may be necessary.
A follow up treatment will take place 2 weeks after the initial treatment. Beg Bug encasement’s should be placed on both the mattress and box spring and bed bug traps under bed posts are recommended.